Please note: this is a bulky item and therefore cannot be shipped internationally.
Ideal for the younger or beginner astronomer to view bright objects in detail, the 60AZ Starter Telescope has a lightweight frame and an easy set up making it quick to get started.
If you are wishing to buy a telescope in Australia for a kid’s birthday present or Christmas gift, this is a fantastic option. Australian Geographic provides after sale service and technical assistance with all children’s telescopes.
At a Glance:
- Included Star Diagonal prism flips images the right way up (though still mirrored back-to-front), making the 60AZ ideal for both sky and land observing.
- Has slow motion controls for smooth tracking of objects through the sky.
- Includes 2 eyepieces and a 2x Barlow lens.
- The included compass is useful when using star charts to locate items in the night sky.
- Includes a lightweight aluminium tripod, which makes it light and portable enough to easily move to a different viewing site.
- Includes a moon map so you can identify craters and moon mountains!
What will I be able to see with the 60AZ Telescope?
- The moon, including details of craters.
- Jupiter and Saturn, with detail becoming visible in good viewing conditions.
- Phases of Venus.
- Good for terrestrial viewing too – view ships in the distance, watch whales swimming in the ocean, and view landscape scenery up close.
- 60mm Refractor Telescope with an Alt-Azimuth Mount.
- Quick and easy setup.
- Permanently mounted Cross-hair finderscope.
- Accessory tray for convenient storage of accessories.
- Equipped with slow motion controls for smooth tracking of objects through the sky.
- Erect image optics, meaning that the image seen is the right way up and will appear to the viewer as a mirror image. This is ideal for terrestrial as well as astronomical use.
- Includes 2 eyepieces and a 2x Barlow lens. 35x (70x with the Barlow) for the 20mm eyepiece, and 56x (112x with the Barlow) for the 12.5mm eyepiece.
- Light weight aluminium legs provide a rigid and stable platform. It is also portable enough to easily move to a different viewing site.
- Optical Design: Refractor
- Aperture: 60mm
- Focal Length: 700mm
- Eyepiece 1: 20mm (35x magnification)
- Eyepiece 2: 12.5mm (56x magnification)
- Mount: Alt-Azimuth
- Weight: 2.2 kg
- Finderscope: Cross-hair finderscope
- Star Diagonal: erecting diagonal flips the image the right way up, still mirrored left-to-right
- Highest useful magnification: 120x
- Limiting stellar magnitude: 11.16